Wednesday, June 29, 2016

This flower was alive 100 years ago!!!!!!!!!

This month marked the 100th anniversary of my great grandparents' wedding.

My mother's grandparents, Kate Ballard and William Turner were married at Dawes Road Congregational Church in Fulham, London on June 17, 1916.

I am lucky enough to possess the ACTUAL BOUTINEER worn at that wedding. (Let's not think about the fact that it doesn't look much like what he's wearing in the picture below, ok? Flowers look different after 100 years in a paper envelope.)

The fact that I own a flower corpse a century old makes me very very happy.


Another cool thing is that I got to wear the wedding brooch worn by my great grandma Kate at her wedding, at my own wedding  in February, just shy of 100 years later.

I love that my family has taken such care to keep these precious heirlooms, and that I was able to incorporate them into my own wedding.

Just wanted to brag about that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment